Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Science and Religion

Personally, I do not think that science and religion can be combined. I am a person who does not really believe in God or anything in the Bible. To me, it just seems so unrealistic that some one could build a boat that large to carry two of every species of animal on the Earth at the time. Things like that to me just don't make sense. It doesn't seem like something that could actually happen. It sounds like something that was made up. Now I don't mean to offend anyone by saying all this but it is just how I think about things. I believe that we were created through evolution. I believe the science behind all of this. It just seems much more logical to me. I have a friend who is extremely religious and I have talked to her about this many times. She argues with me that science is a bunch of bull and I argue with her that those religious things don't make sense. She of course knows that I do not mean to hurt her or offend her. She understands that this is my way of thinking. We even tried to consider each other's theories about this. It just caused us to get in a very large argument. It just seems so strange to think that religion and science could possible intertwine together. Scientists have tried to prove that these kind of things can't happen or never did so why would you want to work together? To me, this all just does not make sense. If you are very religious and enjoy science at the same time, thats fantastic. But when you are a scientist and you are religious, you can't let that stop you from thinking logically, or clearly. If you can find a way to do both and not let one interfere with the other, then perhaps the two can work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment